Thursday 2 January 2014

My First Blog


For years I have been wondering, what these blogs are all about? What do they contain? What is all this buzz about the blogs for several years now? What is it that Big B writes in his blogs that creates such a sensation on the media front? Why is it recommended to read blogs of eminent writers,thinkers and personalities? What value does it add to an individual? Aren't they supposed to be a forum for expressing thoughts and nothing beyond that? If yes, then there are so many other social media portals as well that do the same job, then why is it that in spite of so many years the blogs and bloggers are still acknowledged and given importance in certain section of social and corporate society? With a series of questions in my mind I decided to sign in with Blogger.com considering, may be this will be of some help to know what bloggers write.


Initially I was clueless about what is to be done next after signing in, all that i could really see is ' create your new blog ' so after pondering upon the various tabs on this website for sometime and not really finding any material worth reading I decided to write my first blog. Interestingly to my surprise I find out that even as I am writing this blog on the Blogger.com somehow the word BLOG in itself is not being identified as a correct English word  in their inbuilt dictionary and on the similar lines words like Bloggers, Blogs are also being highlighted by the red curvy underlines..!! This triggered a doubt in my mind that whether or not the word BLOG in itself a correct English word which otherwise is present in most of the English Dictionaries only to find it is a truncation of words Web Log ;)


As part of a learning exercise to know 'How to write a blog' and being an amateur blogger myself I simply chose to restrict to 500 words. Only reason being that you never really know if you yourself would be willing to read it again if it is beyond 500 words, possibly one of the primary reasons that until grade 10 we often were asked to write an essay in less than 500 words, because even the professor might loose his/her interest beyond a certain threshold limit of reading crazy stuff written on the answer sheets of students ;)


To surprise of the readers (I doubt if there would be any) I conclude my first blog (although I haven't really written anything worthy to be read), with an aspiration to write more and try and deliver a better quality and content in my blogs to come by sharing experiences of my life, my opinion on Sports, Films, Music, Politics, Society etc.


God Bless.


14 comments:

  1. Well written my Frnd...A good experiment and a perfect way of expressing your curiosity on your first blog.... Hope this would help many ppl to get some idea on blogging .....keep blogging ..cheerz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a good start!
    I've seen the kind of influence your opinions have on the people around you and I'm sure they'll not be disappointed with the posts in this space...Keep writing and give us a regular dose of your wit and humour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bro,
    whenever I write something, I tag you.
    you are a good debater and a good observer of surrounding things.
    An artist, a photographer, a debater or a writer must be a good observer.
    everyone do observe, but only few observer able to express it using their magic.
    I know your capabilities, you will surely excel as a blogger.
    waiting for your articles :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is needless to say that u have been an inspiration and a role model to soooo many of us

    Everytime you try ur hands on something, u do it like no one else could ever do

    Ur first blog is yet another master stroke.Very well written with perfect comic sense(whch ur fab at)

    Looking forward for many more to come ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first chapter of this new book seems interesting!
    Looking forward to the many more to come! Great start
    So keep continuing to inspire people with your blog also now as you already do otherwise! Wish you good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good One..
    Even i wasn't aware what does these blogs are all about? I came to know when i went through Your blog and that too i read it just because its yours....... Was curious to know what have you posted ,i saw this at a time when you had posted it but didn't get time to ready it... but it was somewhere in mind that yeah, i have to go through your profile and check what is there... as it was posted by you.. i knew it would be quite interesting and worth reading it...
    Thanks for enhancing by knowledge about blogs,i hope you would contribute in enhancing knowledge of many's like me... Wish you good luck... expecting some more to come that i could find time from my schedule and read it.. :) ;)
    22 foot wale ki Jai.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well written aniket...keep up ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great start dude... I see many more articles post dis one and also ur success as a blogger... Keep it up dude... this all will surely payoff one day... All the best :)

    ReplyDelete